Body lotions and body butters have several things in common. They are both emollient products that you apply to moisturize your skin as well as soften and smoothen its texture. Both products are made to boost skin health. And if you have healthy-looking skin, you’ll experience higher levels of confidence and better quality of life.
Both types of moisturizers are also excellent for soothing the symptoms of dry skin and work on sensitive skin too. Nonetheless, while both may perform similar functions, they are certainly not the same. Here’s how they differ.
Body Lotion vs. Body Butter
- Body butters are made with natural fats like shea butter, cocoa, palm, olive, avocado, and jojoba as their main raw ingredients. They are made with a largely thicker consistency.
- On the other hand, body lotions are made with higher water content in comparison (through oil-in-water emulsion). So lotions may contain the same ingredients but their consistencies are a lot lighter than body butters.
- Because they are lighter in consistency, body lotions are lighter than body butters. They spread more easily and absorb faster into the skin, making them more common for daily use. So for its longer-lasting effects, some people may prefer body butters.
- Body butters have a more intense repair effect. So if your skin is severely dry or cracked, a body butter may work better for you.
- Finally, as to deciding which product is better, you can see that it all depends on your preferences and what your skin needs!
Maximum Moisture Body Lotion vs. Shea Body Butter
The Maximum Moisture Body Lotion from Karen’s Body Beautiful is a one-of-a-kind daily lotion that is perfect for all skin types. It leaves your skin soft, supple, and spectacularly scented. Made with a velvety base of olive oil, our lotion is lightweight and doesn’t clog your pores at all. It also offers perfectly balanced hydration if you have really dry skin.
The best thing about our Maximum Moisture Body Lotion is that it provides you with the most fragrant skincare experience. So while you nourish and revitalize your skin, you’re also sparking your senses wonderfully!
Don’t worry, we haven’t left out our body butter lovers. Our Shea Body Butter is a luscious body butter that melts on contact. Made with the creamiest and most absorbent formula, it is a cream for anyone looking to get glowy, healthy skin that everyone dreams about!
Of course, at Karen’s Body Beautiful, we’re all about marvelously fragrant skincare experiences. Hence, our Shea Body Butter comes in 6 luxurious fragrances and one unscented option if you prefer your skincare fragrance-free.
Want to know the best parts about our moisturizers? If you buy more than 1, you get amazing deals on them! Hurry over to our karensbodybeautiful.com so you don’t miss out!